September 30, 2021
Top 14 Spots for a Hawaiian Proposal
Trying to plan the perfect proposal? Not really sure where to start? Are you stressing over the small details? Well, first and foremost one of the most important parts of a proposal is the ring. As a symbol of your eternal love, the ring says it all. Discover our line of locally made Hawaiian Engagement Rings that all come with our famous Forever Guarantee. The unique scrollwork represents the spirit of remembrance and declaration of love.
Already found the ring of their dreams? Then the next step is planning on where to pop the question! A moment to be remembered forever, we've dreamt up a list of the most iconic spots on 'Oahu that will leave them speechless. After all, where and how you propose is a story you'll be telling for the rest of your life, so make it count!
Proposal Spots for the Beach Lovers:
- Ko’ Olina Beach– Far away from the hustle and bustle of Honolulu, the crystal-clear water and rows of swaying palm trees and soft breeze set the scene for that dreamy Island vibe.
- Lanikai Beach – The two lovely islets make for picture-perfect scenery. This hidden gem has plenty of soft sand and seclusion. We recommend sometime around sunrise or sunset for magnificent colorful skies.
- Mokoliʻi (Chinaman’s Hat Beach) – This basalt islet in Kāneʻohe Bay is the ideal scene for you and your sweetheart. If you're really up for an adventure you can hop on a kayak and propose on the islet!
- Waikīkī Beach – Recognized as one of the most famous beaches in the world, Waikiki was the retreat of choice for Hawaiian royals back in the 1800s. For a more private proposal, we recommend a nighttime or early sunrise proposal.
- Waimea Bay Beach – This iconic North Shore beach is known for epic sunsets, perfect for a golden hour kiss. Not to mention, the photos will be spectacular!
Proposal Spots for the Adventurous Couple:
- Lanikai Pillbox – Make that uphill trek for an aerial view of the twin islets surrounded by miles of turquoise blue ocean.
- Kualoa Ranch – Journey aboard a thrilling ATV drive through miles of trails with lush green valleys and steep, stunning mountains. It's the reason why this ranch has been of the most iconic places for Hollywood films.
- Olomana Trail (Three Peaks) – This one is for the couple that loves an adrenaline rush! Hike up the narrow ridges and take in the raw unfiltered beauty of this 360-degree view at the top of the first, second, or third peak. Nothing says "I love you" like proposing to your best friend dressed in hiking boots.
- Pali Puka Trail – Past the steep climb and narrow path, you’ll be greeted by the famous window-like opening in the rock face of the mountain.
Proposal with a Perfect Waterfall Backdrop:
- La'ie Falls – Looking for your own secluded piece of paradise? Make the 7-mile hike to your very own little refreshing jungle pool created by this Laie falls.
- Manoa Falls – Ascent through the breathtaking scenes of Jurassic Park (minus the dinosaurs) all the way to the grandeur of this 150-foot waterfall.
- Waimea Falls – Stroll amidst culturally rich botanical gardens and arrive at the euphoric, refreshing falls.
- Maunawili Falls – Past a lush jungle hike, awaits the small but mighty waterfall and plunge-worthy water hole.
- Hoʻomaluhia Botanical Garden – If you don't believe in the garden of Eden, it's because youʻve never been to the Hoʻomaluhia Botanical Garden. This botanical garden delivers Instagram-worthy engagement photos with this majestic botanical Eden as your stage.
Now that you have some ideas to get you started, it’s time to start planning your proposal. If you're still on the fence about rings, say yes to one of our Hawaiian Heirloom Bridal designs to commemorate your perfect paradise proposal. The heirloom-worthy scrollwork represents the spirit of remembrance and declaration of love along with the elegant Maile leaf design that embodies love, honor, and respect. Here’s to your magical marriage proposal and make sure to drop some of your recommendations for proposal spots in the Islands in the comments.